Eeeek! I’ve just noticed that the lovely Rosiero of Alcoholic Daze tagged me yonks ago while I was swanning around Florida with the divine Disney 7. If I’d had half a brain, I could have combined my answers with the tag from Jennifer at Alpha Mummy. But I don’t. I hope you don’t feel neglected, Rosiero. Please put it down to jetlag and my general rubbishness at getting round to things. I’m sure you’d probably let me off doing it again (and everyone could probably just about live without my answers) but, in fact, I am waiting to get a doctor’s appointment for Child Two, who is languishing upstairs in her bed with a very high temperature and a selection of swine flu symptoms which are pretty much straight from the NHS Direct ‘don’t panic, it’s only a pandemic and loads of people have died’ page. So answering some soothing questions will take my mind off things nicely….
Rules of the meme
Respond and rework
Answer questions on your own blog
Replace one question
Add one question
Tag 8 people
1. What are your current obsessions? Swine flu! No, no, don’t think about that ….well, probably my gorgeous iPhone which, like any new love, has its own tricksy ways which I’m trying to negotiate. For instance, if I change the password to see my on-line phone bill (incidentally, downloading emails in Disneyworld cost me £219!!!) I then can’t send emails from my phone. Go figure.
2. Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often? All my Uptown Jeans are in the wash together, a big mistake, akin to having the President, Vice President and leader of the opposition (do they have one in the US?) on board Airforce One at the same time. I don’t know how I allowed this to happen. Luckily, I spent a fortune in Jigsaw only yesterday buying what a friend described as ‘another of your draggy cardigans’ – in this case, a long, linen, waterfall number, which I optimistically hope will cover up the dodgy bits while enhancing the whole, and making me look two inches taller into the bargain. I think this will take over in the temporary absence of the Uptown Jeans team.
3. What’s for dinner? Gawd, a good question. Sainsbury’s fire-eater chicken is out. Not sure what Child Two can swallow, with her barbed wire throat. Neither Child likes soup. Mashed potato?
4. Last thing you bought? The Jigsaw draggy cardigan. Oh, all right, I bought two – the off-white and the mid-blue. But very useful!
5. What are you listening to? Downloaded Tracy Chapman from iTunes. Brings back memories of Sri Lanka with Mr X, and the train up to the tea plantations, with little children running along behind us, waving, and the fields of tea, in every shade of green, spread out like huge patchwork quilts over the billowing hills.
6. What five items could you not leave the house without? Keys, lovely iPhone, Maybelline Shinilicious lip gloss (much more reasonable than Juicy Tubes and better in my view), book – currently White Tigerby Aravind Adiga for my book club, if it was just for me it would be Kate Morris’s Seven Year Itch, probably a child or two and a handbag full to bursting with totally essential rubbish.
7. Favourite holiday spots? Actually I love my back garden.
8. Reading right now? NHS Direct Swine Flu owners’ guide.
9. Four words to describe yourself: acute, anxious, author, attractive (well, a girl can hope).
10. Guilty pleasure? Worrying, loving, eating.
11. Who or what makes you laugh until you’re weak? This post by Nicola had me in stitches. Also Laura and Lulu.
12. First spring thing? The cat trying to eat my daffodils.
13. Planning to travel to next? The doctor’s surgery!
14. Best thing you ate or drank lately? Had some of the new Cadbury’s choc peanuts the other night – a bit disappointing. Best was probably from my gorgeous Orla Keily box of chocs – the double chocolate truffle was yuu-uum.
15. When did you last get tipsy? A little bit last night, trying a new Sicilian Chardonnay from Sainsbury’s in honour of Inspector Montalbano from the fabulous series by Andrea Camilleri – well, that was my excuse.
16. Favourite ever film? Still Some Like It Hot – sublime in all ways, though I nod to Rosiero’s choice of Tess of the d’Urbervilles, very sexy.
17. Care to share some wisdom? See my Reunion post yesterday – love is all you need.
18. If you could be someone famous, who would you be and why? You know, I really don’t think I’d swap with anyone. I’m quite happy in my own little way. I’ve got my girls, my writing, my job, my house and my True Love – pretty good going I’d say. And I don’t get papped looking like death.
19. What did your last text say and who was it from? “Purrrrrrrrrr”.
20. What is your favourite animal? Mme Bovary, the best little catty in all the world. I do love her so.
The eight people I am tagging are:
Are We Nearly There Yet?
Family Affairs and Other Matters
Diary of a Desperate Exmoor Woman
Some Mothers Do Ave Em
Mummy Has a Headache