I’m wary of doing much stuff that’s sponsored by companies, as I feel that the kind and lovely people who pop in here to visit me probably want something that comes genuinely from me, not a spiel from an advertiser. Sometimes, though, I do succumb – but only if I really think you might be interested. And this is a good one!
Robinsons, who make all those yummy drinks which I have to ration out very strictly to my children otherwise they’d gulp through the lot in seconds, have come up with the clever, Christmassy idea of helping us all to put on a panto at home – and win tickets to a local Pantomime as well. As Robinsons is a sponsor of the lovely BMB, the glue holding together the UK’s mummybloggers, and as my wonderful friend Linda at Have A Lovely Time is also running a Great Panto Review 2009 in aid of Just Giving, and, most importantly for your children, as the website Put On A Panto is a blast, I really thought I should run this competition.
The website cleverly takes kids through the steps of putting on their very own pantomime at home – from planning, to practising to performing. It includes suggestions for invitations, posters and costumes.
To enter the competition: visit this site, then send in a photo of your favourite pantomime costume (think laterally here – anything goes, from the Widow Twanky to Cinderella at her most bewitching). If you can’t run to a photo, then get your children to draw thei favourite costume and send that in. Please then leave me a comment below with the words Put On A Panto, and then email your photo or drawing by 30th November to firstname.lastname@example.org The winner will be announced here on 4th December…Good luck, and may all your pantos have happy endings.
Competition Terms & Conditions:
- This Competition is open to all residents in the UK and ROI over 18 years of age, excluding employees of Robinsons and its affiliates or agents, the families of such employees and any other person connected with this promotion.
- The Promoter will not be liable for applications not received, incomplete, or delayed. Last date for receipt of entries is 30th November 2009.
- To enter, please leave a comment at this blog and then email a photograph of your favourite panto costume or a drawing of a panto costume to email@example.com, including PUT ON A PANTO in the subject line.
- All entries received by this date will be entered into a prize draw and judged by a third party.
The winning entry will receive tickets for up to two adults and three children to a local pantomime (or equivalent entertainment) up to £250.
- There will be no runners up prizes. The prizes are as stated and cannot be transferred, sold or exchanged. There is no cash alternative. No bulk or third party entries accepted.
- The winner will be notified in writing by 4th December 2009.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control.
- By entering this competition, entrants agree to be bound by the rules and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material.
- PROMOTER: Robinsons
ThePrizeFinder – UK Competitions